Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gather takes on the L Word

We gathered on March 22nd, and I really wanted to give a hat tip to a great set of panelists and a fantastic crowd. While there was so much to cover as everyone has something to say about the L Word, I felt like I learned something new about the show and it's audience.

First up, I wanted to name the folks who comprised this panel: Rebecca Kern, Communications Instructor at Manhattan College who recently received her Ph.d. (writing on the L Word!); Mik Kinkead, who runs a fantastic blog called Coffee and Gender, Kath Fidler, my new favorite NYU grad student; and Glennda Testone, my personal mentor and Vice President of the Women's Media Center.

I'm going to save my thoughts on this Gather for a separate post, but I wanted to say how truly inspiring it was to see my community come together to share their ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment